Engineering Ethics Conference
Bringing engineering ethics to life in education, professional development and industry.
Date: 06-09-2018Time: 10:00 - 18:00
This interactive and engaging national conference looks at some of the big ethical challenges facing engineering today and in the future, and how engineers can tackle them. It brings together decision makers from industry, higher education, regulators and professional engineering institutions. Through questions, discussion and use of technology, delegates will have the opportunity to offer their views and to shape a 10 year vision.
We will be considering some of the key issues facing engineering today and tomorrow, including:
- Ethics, Big Data and Cyber Security
- Ethics, Artificial Intelligence and Automated Vehicles
- Ethics, Climate Change and the Environment
- Dame Judith Hackitt, Chair of the Engineering Employers Federation (EEF)
- Professor Chris Atkin, Chairman of the Engineering Council
- Sara Parkin OBE, Founder-Director and Trustee of Forum for the Future
- Professor Kevin Jones, Executive Dean, Faculty of Science and Engineering, University of Plymouth
- Renaud Champion, Director of Emerging Intelligences, EMLyon Business School; CEO of PRIMNEXT, investment company in artificial intelligence and advanced robotics and Director of euRobotics.
*EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED*
To register for the standard rate, please visit the University of Leeds Online Store
Click here to download the full programme.
Click here to download the Presenter and Steering Group biographies.
Please find information on our venue, the Faculty of Engineering, on their Contact Us webpage.
Suggested accommodation listings can be downloaded here.
For more information on the event, please contact Rosena Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org.