To order books and papers, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the page.
An archive of CRP documents is also available, please contact Dr Melanie Prideaux for details.
Community Religions Project Monographs
- Satwant Kaur Rait, Sikh Women in England - order from this site for a special price of £16.00 inc P&P
- Kim Knott, Hinduism in Leeds: A study of religious practice in the
Indian Hindu community and in Hindu related groups. 1986. ISBN 1 871363
004. 334 pp.
- Stephen Barton, The Bengali Muslims in Bradford: A study of their
observance of Islam with reference to the function of the mosque and the
work of the Imam.1986. ISBN 1 871363 012. 244 pp. [out of print]
- David Bowen, The Sathya Sai Baba Community in Bradford: Its
origins and development, religious beliefs and practices. 1988. ISBN 1
871363 020. 411 pp.
- Sewa Singh Kalsi, The Evolution of a Sikh Community in Britain:
Religious and social change among the Sikhs of Leeds and Bradford. 1992.
ISBN 1 871363 039. 226 pp.
- Helen Waterhouse, Buddhism in Bath: Authority and Adaptation 1997. ISBN 1 871363 05 5. 251 pp.
- Eleanor Nesbitt, The Religious Lives of Sikh Children: A Coventry-based study. 2000 ISBN 1 871363 07 1
- Sissel Ostberg, The Nurture of Pakistani Muslim Children in Oslo. 2003
- Kim Knott, Alistair Mason, Kevin Ward, Haddon Willmer (eds.), Religion and Locality: Selected conference papers. 2003.
Cost of monographs, including postage and packing:
Community Religions Project Research papers
- Kim Knott, 'Community Religions' at the University of Leeds. (1984)
- Ursula King, A report on Hinduism in Britain. (1984)
- Kim Knott, Religion and identity and the study of ethnic minority religions. (1984)
- Vanessa Howard, A report on Afro-Caribbean Christianity in Britain. (1987)
- Joanna Marzec, The role of the Polish Catholic church in the
Polish community of the U.K: a study in ethnic identity and religion.
- Katherine Kotsoni, The Greek Orthodox community in Leeds. (1990)
- Kim Knott , The role of religious studies in understanding the ethnic experience. (1992)
- Judith Law, The religious beliefs and practices of Hindus in Derby. (1991)
- Judith Law, The religious beliefs and practices of the Vietnamese community in Britain. (1991)
- Ron Geaves, Muslims in Leeds. (1995)
- Kim Knott, The changing character of the religions of the ethnic
minorities of Asian origin in Britain: final report of a Leverhulme
- Philip Lewis, The function, education and influence of the 'Ulama in Bradford's Muslim communities. (1996)
- Helen Reid, Multi-Faith Cities: A case study of Bradford. (1999)
Uk: £3 each inc postage and packing
Outside UK: postage and packing £2 for first paper, plus 50p for each additional paper
For orders and information about recent and forthcoming publications, please contact:
Community Religions Project
Department of Theology and Religious Studies
University of Leeds
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 3627
Fax: +44 (0)113 343 3654