The School of History Internship Project
Meeting the employability agenda at a local level, the School of History is proud to offer its students the opportunity to work within its professional and research culture. Each year, we offer 11 paid internships to our undergraduate students and a further internship to a postgraduate student, so that our students can develop their professional identity and skills alongside their academic scholarship.
Interns receive training and hold their role for a year. Internships are offered in a range of areas, including marketing and communications, alumni relations, editorial, and student recruitment. Some internships have a careers focus, where interns gather and disseminate information about particular professions and hold alumni speaker events. Our interns are able to tailor these opportunities to fit them around their studies.
Each year we offer a number of internships, including:
- Positions to run one of our five career groups
- Working in student recruitment
- Helping organise and manage student induction and our peer mentoring programme
- Managing the student-run newsletter, The History Student Times
- Liaising with the careers service and promoting LeedsforLife