- A good first degree (Honours 2.i or above or equivalent).
- For non-native speakers of English, an overall score of at least 6.5 on IELTS (with not less than 6.0 in any component).
No background experience of Intercultural Studies is necessary and equivalent qualifications/professional experience will be considered.
You can apply online and will need to provide the supporting documents listed below:
- Two academic references (referee form)
- A Personal Statement of approximately 500 words which explains why you want to study towards the MA in Professional Language and Intercultural Studies at the University of Leeds.
- If you would like to study modules in specialised translation you should download and complete the relevant translation tests for the language pairs that you are interested in.
- Transcripts of previous study at degree level (and beyond if relevant.) Please send a full transcript if you have finished your degree, or a partial one if you are still studying. If the transcripts are not in English, you should also send an official translation.
- If English is not your native language, you will need to provide documentary evidence of your English language proficiency. (If you do not have this evidence at the time of application and/or have not yet reached the required scores on IELTS or equivalent, please indicate your current English level as accurately as possible. You may still be made a conditional offer based on your provision of a suitable test score at a later date and/or completion of a University of Leeds pre-sessional English language course.)
Supporting documents should be either uploaded with your online application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or returned by post to: Taught Postgraduate Admissions Team, School of Languages, Cultures and Societies, G27 Michael Sadler Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT.
Application deadlines: Please contact email@example.com for further information.
You can apply online here.
Scholarships and bursaries
Awards are available to both UK/EU and International students. For eligibility criteria and closing dates, see the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies Postgraduate Scholarships page.
Who do I contact to visit the School/discuss the programme?
In the first instance you should contact the Postgraduate Admissions Team, School of Languages, Cultures and Societies, G36 Michael Sadler Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +44 (0) 113 343 0233/3234
Please also visit our Admissions webpage for details of how to apply and which supporting documents to provide.