Recent grant awards (since 2008) have totalled over £5.2 million in full economic cost, yielding a total income of over £3.4 million. This has arisen from both personal awards supporting individual research projects and grant awards for longer larger projects involving our academic staff. Ongoing larger grant projects include:
- 'The Nature of Representation' (European Research Council)
- 'Rethinking Patent Cultures' (AHRC)
- 'Scientific Realism and the Quantum' (AHRC)
- 'Persons as Animals' (AHRC)
- 'Thinking Counterfactually' (Leverhulme Trust)
Recently completed major grant projects include 'Innovating in Combat: Telecommunications and Intellectual Property in the First World War' (AHRC), 'Metaphysical Indeterminacy' (AHRC), 'Method in Philosophical Aesthetics' (AHRC), 'Owning and Disowning Invention' (AHRC), and 'The Genetics Pedagogies' (Faraday Institute for Science and Religion).