Our taught Masters degree in Applied and Professional Ethics is designed to help people in business, the professions, and the public and third sectors, develop skills and knowledge that can help them effectively engage with ethical issues in their working lives. The course is taught entirely online, making it particularly appropriate for those in full-time employment or resident overseas, who wish to gain a qualification from a leading university without interrupting their career.
On this course, students learn about different approaches to ethical problems, examining both the philosophical literature on applied ethics, and real-life case studies. These are drawn from a variety of professional contexts, ranging from business and accountancy to the computer industry, and from environmental issues to decisions made by engineers.
Who is this course for?
The MA Applied and Professional Ethics has attracted students from backgrounds in law, engineering, actuarial finance, management, dentistry, university administration, business management, international development and the third sector, and corporate accountability.
The course is particularly suitable for professionals wishing to continue their professional development (CPD). Most of our students are also working full-time in a variety of demanding roles in organisations such as:
- United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization
- Commonwealth Secretariat
- United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services
- UK Police Force
- Actuarial Profession
- a not-for-profit legal foundation in Barcelona
- a youth development charity in Kenya
Professional Ethics Short Course
If you are unsure about undertaking the full Masters programme, we also run one of the Applied and Professional Ethics modules as a stand-alone short course. Further details about the short course can be found here.
How can I find out more?
- Further essential information, including entry requirements, can be found in Coursefinder.
- Further information about the programme structure can be found here.
- Alternatively, you can download the Course Brochure.
- If you have any further questions, please contact the Admissions Team firstname.lastname@example.org
- To be kept up to date with news relating to this programme, including scholarship opportunities, please subscribe to our mailing list.