We have an active and growing research community of staff and PhD students, with a wide range of applied ethics research.
The IDEA Centres research interests include:
- Ethics and Artificial Intelligence
- Leadership Ethics
- Professional Ethics
- Media Ethics
- Medical and Health Care Ethics
- Climate Change and Sustainability
Our applied research uses academic approaches to answer questions of relevance to industry and the professions.
Current projects include:
- Leading Minds Research Project (2012-ongoing) this project aims to explore ethical questions in leadership from the perspective of ancient philosophy.
- Quanticode and the Ethics of Data Analytics (2016-19) LIDA and IDEA Centre are collaborating on a project to deliver more powerful analytical tools for public and private sector organisations, for analysing quantitative and coded longitudinal data.
We have an active and growing research community of staff and PhD students that host events, workshops and conferences on applied ethics. Our regular events include:
- Research seminars - regular seminars on a range of ethical issues, including a presentation and discussion.
- Professional Ethics Network events - students can join our professional network in discussing ethical issues applied to professional life.
- Annual Health Care Ethics Colloquium - held in Ilkley, external speakers and IDEA Centre staff present issues in medical and health care ethics.
- Ethics reading groups - please contact Carl Fox or Tadgh Ó Laoghaire for more information: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- IDEA staff and students also take part in the research seminars of the philosophy departments Centre for Ethics and Metaethics.
Our upcoming events can be found on our events calendar.