PhD Study at the IDEA Centre
IDEA welcomes applications for PhD study. The Centre can provide a broad base of supervisory expertise in applied ethics, broadly construed, but has particular strengths in:
- Moral psychology (esp. desire, emotion, virtue, integrity, and rationality)
- Ancient ethics, especially Plato and Aristotle
- Biomedical & Health Care Ethics (incl. Mental health, Psychiatry)
- Contemporary moral theory
- Ethics in Business, Engineering, Finance, Media
- Professional ethics (esp. in engineering, financial services, media)
- Ethics of leadership, persuasion / rhetoric, and influence
- Political philosophy (esp. political obligation, justice)
- Other particular issues (e.g. climate change, consent, privacy, data ethics, AI/robotics, exploitation)
How to Apply
The Centre's postgraduate research applications are processed through the School of Philosophy, Religion, and History of Science (PRHS). Please have a look on their How to Apply webpage for more information.
Funding and Scholarships
PhD applicants can find information regarding funding and scholarships on the University of Leeds Philosophy, Religion and History of Science Scholarship webpage. For information on the IDEA Centre PhD scholarship opportunities, please email us at email@example.com.