Persons as Animals: Understanding the Animal Bases of Agency, Perceptual Knowledge and Thought
6th - 7th July 2016
Weetwood Hall, Leeds (http://www.weetwood.co.uk/)
Register Early: Early Bird Registration until 6th May 2016, after which a late fee is applicable
Abstracts for all talks now available: please click here.
Wednesday 6th July
10:35 11:45 Léa Salje (University of Leeds): Talking Our Way to Systematicity
12:00 13:10 Rory Madden (University College, London): Animal Self-Awareness
14:30 15:40 Ali Boyle (University of Cambridge): Mapping the Minds of Others
09:00 10:10 Helen Steward (University of Leeds): Dis-contented Animals
10:35 11:45 Denis Buehler (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México): Guidance of Visual Attention: Animal Origins of Human Agency
12:00 13:10 Matthew Ratcliffe (University of Vienna): Animal Certainty
You can now register for this conference, and book accommodation and the conference dinner here: http://store.leeds.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=690
Please direct any enquiries about the conference to Léa Salje at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 'Morgans Canon: Animal Psychology in the 20th Century and Beyond': Oxford Philosophical Concepts: Animals Workshop, Kings College, London, March 7th 2015.
- What is Determinism?: Real Possibilities, Indeterminism and Free Will conference, University of Konstanz, 19th March 2015.
- 'Conceptions of Free Will: the Mental, the Mechanical and the Animal': Prof. Stewards Inaugural Lecture, Nathan Bodington Chamber, University of Leeds, 16th April 2015. Watch this lecture here: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/arts/info/20045/leeds_humanities_research_institute/2564/inaugural_lectures
- Touching Experiences': The Ontology of Conscious Experience workshop, University of Leeds, 8th-9th July 2015.
- 'What is a Continuant?': Joint Session of the Aristotelian Society and the Mind Association, University of Warwick, 10th-12th July 2015.
Joint Symposium, Bryn Mawr and Haverford College, 1st-2nd October 2015.