The Centre for Dante Studies runs a podcast, which can be subscribed to freely from anywhere in the world. The podcast is designed both to enrich undergraduates' study of Dante, and to be of interest to a broader audience.
The Leeds Dante podcast offers regular short items on three major areas:
Key Moments in the Commedia: a series of brief commentaries on short passages selected from the Commedia;
Interviews with scholars about their recent work on Dante;
Reviews of recent publications of interest in Dante studies.
Individual talks and lectures held in Leeds are also made available for download.
The podcast is available in MP3 format, and is freely available to listen to on your PC or portable device. To subscribe using iTunes, choose "Subscribe to podcast" in the "Advanced" menu, and type in or paste the URL of the feed page, which is here. You will receive all past episodes, and all future episodes will be delivered directly to your iTunes podcast playlist as soon as they are available.
Alternatively, individual episodes can be downloaded directly from here:
2. Key Moments in the Commedia I: Inferno I, 1-3
3. Key Moments in the Commedia 2: Purgatorio I, 70-75
4. Key Moments in the Commedia 3: Inferno III, 1-9
5. Key Moments in the Commedia 4: Purgatorio IV, 19-30
6. Fifth International Dante Seminar
7. Key Moments in the Commedia 5: Purgatorio V, 94-108
8. Key Moments in the Commedia 6: Inferno V, 121-38
9. Virgil in the Middle Ages
9. Quotations mentioned in "Virgil in the Middle Age" (PDF file to accompany item 9)
We are grateful to Richard Barraclough for providing the music for this podcast.