+44 (0)113 34 33809
Summary: Metaphysics, Philosophy of Action/Free Will, Philosophy of Language, Philosophical Logic.
I joined the Department in 2008, following PhD work at Rutgers University. Most of my work so far has been either on free will or at the intersection of traditional metaphysics and methodological questions about it. I also have interests in both philosophical logic and the philosophy of logic. I am currently developing a metaphysics of facts based loosely on Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus.
I also co-edit Philosophical Perspectives with John Hawthorne
- Philosophy of Action/Free Will
- Philosophical Logic
- '(Metasemantically) Securing Free Will, The Australasian Journal of Philosophy, forthcoming.
- 'Ontological Nihilism', Oxford Studies in Metaphysics vol 6 (2011): 1--54. Winner of the 2009 Oxford Studies in Metaphysics Younger Scholar Prize
- 'Ontological Pluralism', The Journal of Philosophy 107.1 (2010): 5--34.
- 'Fitting Attitudes De Dicto and De Se', Nous 44.1 (2010): 1--9.
See Jason's personal page for more information.