Summary: Sabir H. R. Birot is a research post-graduate student at the Centre for Translation Studies.
- B. A. in English Language and Literature from the University of Sulaimani, Iraq (2001-2005).
- M.A. in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from the University of Liverpool (2007-2008).
- Currently studying PhD in English-Kurdish Translation of Journalistic Texts, the University of Leeds.
- Postgraduate Studies Programme, funded by KRGs Ministry of Higher Education to study MA in TESOL, Liverpool University (2007-2008).
- Human Capacity development Programme, funded by KRGs Ministry of Higher Education to study PhD in Translation Studies, Leeds University (2011-2015).
'The Role of Ideology in Translation: A Study of the Kurdish Media', in Sattar Izwaini (2015) Papers in Translation Studies. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.