Summary: China's Confucius Institute, International Cultural Promotion Organizations, Foucault's Conception of Power/knowledge
- B. Ed and Teaching Certificate of PRC, Education, Shaanxi Normal University, China, 2005-2009
- MA, Professional Language and Intercultural Studies, University of Leeds, 2009-2010
- PhD Candidate, Department of East Asian Studies & Centre for International Business, University of Leeds, from 2012
China's Confucius Institute in The Discourse of Power in International Relations: A Case Study of The Confucius Institute in Africa
- Dr Kweku Ampiah - East Asian Studies, University of Leeds
- Dr Hinrich Voss - Centre for International Business, Leeds University Business School
- Professor Evance Kalula - University of Cape Town (Fieldwork supervisor in Africa)
- Special Entry Scheme Scholarship, Shaanxi Normal University & University of Leeds, 2009-2010
- School of Languages, Cultures and Societies Postgraduate Bursary, University of Leeds, 2012-2015
- AHRC White Rose Skills Development Project - Arts and Humanities Research Culture in China, 2013
- Universities' China Committee in London (UCCL) Research Grant, 2014
- Translation Project for Chapter Soviet Experts in Shanghai: the Systematic Introduction of Stanislavsky into China. In: Stanislavsky in the World. Edited by Professor Jonathan Pitches and Dr Stefan Aquilina. 2014
- AHRC/BA-funded "Staging China" Project Research Intern, University of Leeds, 2015
- Researcher Mobility Award, University of Leeds, Worldwide Universities Network, 2015
- MODL5012 Skills and Issues in Intercultural Studies.
- EAST1602 The Asia Pacific Region since 1945
- Tutor of Rixa, a series of elite interdisciplinary seminars run by top PhD students from all over the Faculty of Arts. 2013-2014 & 2014-2015
- Initiator and organizer (with Nicholas Loubere and Lea Pilsner), the University of Leeds China Forum. This series of events is sponsored by the Business Confucius Institute at the University of Leeds, the Department of East Asian Studies and the White Rose East Asian Centre. Recent events include:
- Representing China in 1940s America: Westernised Chinese vs. China Experts
- China's Aid and Soft Power in Africa: The Case of Education and Training
- China's low carbon development: Challenge or opportunity for Europe
- Visiting Scholar, The Centre for Chinese Studies, Stellenbosch University, South Africa, June-July, 2015
- Reporter, Chinese Social Sciences Today （中国社会科学报）, a newspaper sponsored and published by the top Chinese think-tank: the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences （中国社会科学院）.
Conference presentations and papers
- Li, Siyuan (2013) Chinas Smart Application of National Power: An Example of Chinas Confucius Institute in Africa. Presentation at the 22nd Annual Columbia Graduate Student Conference on East Asia. Columbia University, USA, February 15-16, 2013.
- Li, Siyuan (2013) Confucius Institute in the Discourse of Power in International Relations. Presentation at the Rising Powers in the New Global Political Economy Conference. University of Nottingham, UK, July 2013
- Li, Siyuan (2014) Chinas Confucius Institute in Africa: A case of the Confucius Institute in Kenya. Presentation at the University of Leeds China Forum with Professor Kenneth King, University of Leeds, April 30, 2014.
- Li, Siyuan (2014) Chinas Confucius Institute in Africa. Presentation at the New Research in Language-Based Area Studies Post-Graduate Conference, University of Manchester, UK, March 2014
- Li, Siyuan (2014) An Attempt to Understand Public Diplomacy in the Discourse of Power: Mainstream vs. Foucault. In: International Conference on Theory and Practice of Chinas Public Diplomacy. University of Nottingham. July 11-12, 2014.
- Li, Siyuan (2015) Creating a Network of Power: Going-out Strategies of China's Confucius Institute. In: East Asia Research Collaboration Network - New Forms of Internationalisation. University of Hull, March 18, 2015.
Other sponsored conferences:
- Accelerating the TICAD Initiative: A Policy Advisory Group Seminar Towards TICAD V, Strand Palace Hotel, London. Organized by Dr Kweku Ampiah, East Asian Studies Department, University of Leeds. Funded by JICA UK. January 2013
- Language-Based Area Studies (LBAS), Advanced Training in Research Methods Conference, University of Glasgow, October 2012