Summary: Habermas, Religion and Public Life: Religious and Secular Worldviews in European and Iranian Thought.
Habermas, Religion and Public Life: Religious and Secular Worldviews in European and Iranian Thought
My thesis addresses Habermas's early and more recent views of religion and public life. It maps the changes from his understanding of religion as one of the sources of modernity's inner problems to his new view of religion as a principal source of the good life. This thesis is chiefly concerned with the debates in which Ali Shariati (Iranian reformist) has engaged on religion and modernity. It gives a detailed account of Shariati's thought in order to examine his arguments in relation to those of Habermas. Indeed, this research explores what I believe to be the central strengths and deficiencies of Habermas's ideas. This generates a new synthesis in this field and represents a great achievement in my research study.
BA (Al-Zahra, Tehran)
MA (Azad, Tehran)
MA (University of Leeds)
Areas of research interest
Philosophy and logic, Philosophy and sociology, Philosophy of religion
- Islamic and Western Philosophy, University of Azad, Tehran, Iran (2002-2003)
- Ancient Logic, University of Azad, Tehran, Iran (2002-2003)
- Theology, Philosophy and Logic, several High Schools, Tehran, Iran (1981-2004)
'Habermas, Religion and Public Life' Warwick: Journal of Contemporary Religion (2012): 1-27.
'A Comparative Study on Faith from Kierkegaard's and Rumi's Perspective.' London, Journal of Transcendent Philosophy 12 (2011): 69-92.
Ancient and Modern Logic. Tehran: Ostadi, 2001.
High school complementary textbook of logic. Tehran: Iranian Ministry of Education, 2001.
'Religion and education.' Tehran: Journal of Roshd 21(1995): 5-13.
A Critical Analysis of Huntingtons Doctrine of the Clash of Civilization. London: Journal of Just Peace Diplomacy 6 (2012): 1-20.
- 'Advantages of Truthful Reasoning in Comparison with Others: The views of Mulla Sadra on theExistence of God.' Tehran: Journal of Roshd 52 (2003): 38-41.
- Habermas, Religion and Public Life: Religious and Secular Worldviews in European and Iranian Thought, pp. 348, London: Academy of Iranian Studies, 2012. ISBN: 978-0-9552298-1-7
- Habermas's thought on the role of religion in public life, University of Tarbiat Modares, Tehran, Iran (03/01/2010).