+44 (0) 113 343 4607
Summary: Epistemology; Philosophy of Mind.
Heather joined the department in 2009 after completing her PhD at MIT. Her research interests lie mostly in philosophy of mind and epistemology, focusing in particular on metaphysical and epistemological questions related to perceptual experience.
- Philosophy of Mind (especially philosophy of perception)
- Epistemology (especially introspection and scepticism about the external world)
- Aesthetics (especially aesthetic perception)
- Experiential Content and Naïve Realism: A Reconciliation, Does Perception Have Content? ed. Berit Brogaard. OUP, 2014.
- Experience of Natural Kind Properties: Is there Any Fact of the Matter? Philosophical Studies, 162: 1-12, 2013.
- Good News for the Disjunctivist about (one of) the Bad Cases, Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 86: 105-133, 2013.
- What Should the Naïve Realist Say about Total Hallucinations? Philosophical Perspectives 26: 173-199, 2012.
- Why Naïve Realism? Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society 112: 211-37, 2012.
- "The Skeptic and the Naïve Realist, Philosophical Issues 21: 268-88, 2011.