Summary: Interpreting tutor at the MA in Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies (MACITS) specialising in retour training and interpreting between English and Italian.
Location: Parkinson Building, office 2.36
Teaching Commitments: MODL5040M Interpreting Skills - Italian; MODL5763M Consecutive and Bilateral Interpreting: Italian; MODL5713M Simultaneous Interpreting: Italian
Interpreting Trainer, Conference Interpreter and Translator on the private market with the following language combination: Italian A, English B, Russian/French C. Currently studying Bulgarian.
During my academic training, I was exposed to different teaching methods and approaches adopted in three main institutions:
- Sede di Forlì della Scuola di Lingue e Letterature, Traduzione e Interpretazione, SLLTI (former SSLMIT), in Italy, where I completed my Bachelor in Applied Cross Language Communication.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, in Kaliningrad (Russian Federation), where I spent 6 months training in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting.
- The University of Leeds, where I completed the MA in Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies (MACITS).
I started my freelance career in 2009, alongside my undergraduate degree, and over the years I managed to provide my services in the Italian and British markets under the trademark 'Attitude Translations'. As an interpreter, I specialise in the business and corporate fields, and I have worked at trade fairs, shareholders' meetings and business round tables. Occasionally, I also work as a public service interpreter (PSI).
As far as translation is concerned, I spent roughly one year working as the Italian In-House Translator for one of the biggest LSPs in the United Kingdom, but have reverted back to freelancing and teaching at the University. I work in a wide variety of fields, but mainly specialise in online gaming, technical and legal translations.
I first joined the CTS team in the 2013/2014 academic year, where I acted as a visiting tutor in interpreting with Italian. As of the 2014/2015 academic year, I am a Teaching Fellow in Interpreting and a Programme Coordinator of the MA Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies (MACITS).
- MITI, qualified member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
- Associate member of the Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti (AITI)
- Member of the Yorkshire Translators and Interpreters (YTI) regional network and of the Italian subject network of the ITI
- Coordinator and Treasurer for the Interpreters' Development Network (IDN), an ITI group
- Volunteer English to Italian (and Italian to English) translator for Amnesty International Italia
- Volunteer English/French to Italian translator for Translators Without Borders
- English/French to Italian translation test screener for Translators without Borders
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
- Founder and main coordinator of the Leeds EN IT Practice Session - July 2016, August 2017
- WISE (Workshop on Interpreting Skills Exchange) - Valencia 2015, Brussels 2016, Brussels 2017
- Dummy booth at various international organisations, including the FAO (Rome), the OECD (Paris) and the Council of Europe (Strasbourg).