Summary: Interpreting trainer on the MA Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies (MACITS) specialising in retour training and interpreting between English and Italian.
Location: Parkinson Building, office 2.32
Teaching Commitments: MODL5040M Interpreting Skills - Italian; MODL5763M Consecutive and Bilateral Interpreting: Italian; MODL5713M Simultaneous Interpreting: Italian
Interpreting Trainer, Conference Interpreter and Translator on the private market with the following language combination: Italian A, English B, Russian/French C. Currently adding Bulgarian.
During my academic training, I was exposed to the different teaching methods and approaches adopted in three main institutions:
- Sede di Forlì della Scuola di Lingue e Letterature, Traduzione e Interpretazione, SLLTI (former SSLMIT), in Italy, where I completed my Bachelor in Applied Cross Language Communication.
- Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University in Kaliningrad (Russian Federation), where I spent 6 months training in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting between English and Russian.
- The University of Leeds, where I completed the MA Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies (MACITS).
As part of my formal training, in July 2014 I attended the Training for Trainers (TfT) seminar organised in Brussels by the DG Interpretation of the European Commission. I also keep up to date with the profession and have since attended training sessions in Vienna and London organised by AIIC and the CIoL.
In 2017 and 2018 I participated in an Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility Exchange with the University of Bologna (Dipartimento di Interpretazione e Traduzione, DIT). This allowed me to exchange good practices with trainers from a leading training institution for conference interpreters with Italian, and be exposed to different classroom environments.
I started my freelance career in 2009, during my undergraduate studies. Over the years I provided my language services on the Italian and British markets under the trademark 'Attitude Translations'. As an interpreter, I specialise in business and corporate communication, and have worked at trade fairs, shareholders' meetings and business round tables. Occasionally, I have also worked as a public service interpreter (PSI).
As for translation, I spent roughly one year working as the Italian In-House Translator for one of the biggest LSPs in the UK, but have now reverted to freelancing. I work in a wide variety of fields, but mainly specialise in marketing, corporate, technical and legal translations. As of 2014, I also act as a voiceover artist and translate audioguides used in major tourist attractions in London, including Westminster Abbey.
I first joined the CTS team during the 2013/2014 academic year, where I acted as an external interpreting trainer with Italian. As of the 2014/2015 academic year, I am a Lecturer in Interpreting (teaching only) and a Programme Coordinator of the MA Conference Interpreting and Translation Studies (MACITS).
- MITI, qualified member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
- Associate member of the Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti (AITI)
- Member of the Yorkshire Translators and Interpreters (YTI) regional network and of the Italian subject network of the ITI
- Coordinator and Treasurer for the Interpreters' Development Network (IDN), an ITI group
- Volunteer English to Italian (and Italian to English) translator for Amnesty International Italia
- Volunteer English/French to Italian translator for Translators Without Borders
- English/French to Italian translation test screener for Translators without Borders
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
- Cambridge Conference Interpreting Course (CCIC) - 2018 edition
- Founder and main coordinator of the Leeds EN IT Practice Session - July 2016, August 2017, July 2018
- Workshop on Interpreting Skills Exchange (WISE) - Valencia 2015, Brussels 2016, Brussels 2017
- Dummy booth at various international organisations, including the FAO (Rome), the OECD (Paris) and the Council of Europe (Strasbourg)