+44 (113) 343-3614
Summary: Institute for Medieval Studies, International Medieval Congress
Location: Parkinson 1.03
2010 BFA Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada (Performance Production & Scenography)
2014 BA University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada (Art History & Medieval Studies)
2015 MA University of Leeds, United Kingdom (Medieval Studies)
Public engagement activities & events
Light Night, 3 October 2015: 'Illuminating the Middle Ages', presented in conjunction with Leeds City Council, University of Leeds Commercial & Campus Support Services, and LUU Medieval Society
Kirkstall Abbey Markets, 30 April and 1 May 2016: 'Setting the Table in Medieval Kirkstall', presented in conjunction with AHRC project 'Medieval Kirkstall for its Modern Communities', led by Richard Thomason
Arts & Humanities Impact & Engagement Workshops, April - June 2016 (poster download)
- Tuesday, 19 April: Impact in Arts & Humanities Public Engagement, with Charlotte Haigh and Alexa Ruppertsberg
- Tuesday, 10 May: From Engagement to Impact: A Case Study, with Jessica Meyer and Gareth Dant
- Thursday, 9 June: Evidencing Impact in Arts & Humanities Research, with Sarah Geere, University of Sheffield
International Medieval Congress, 4-7 July 2016: 'Food, Feast & Famine'.
- Sunday, 3 July: Medieval Day at the Museum, presented in partnership with Leeds Museums and Galleries
- Monday, 4 July: Riches Revealed - Medieval Archives in the Collections of the Yorkshire Archaeological & Historical Society
- Tuesday, 5 July: Exploring Medieval Texts in the Modern Age
- Wednesday, 6 July: While Shepherds Ate
- Wednesday, 6 July: Poculi Ludique Societas presents Mankind, a morality play
- Wednesday, 6 July: 'First Thing on the Table': Sampling of Traditional Cheeses from Northern England
Research interests & conference papers
Topics of interest: Devotional and liturgical art and materiality; late medieval monastic reform; art for and by women monastics.
September 2014. 'Weaving from the Margins: Self-Image and the Work of Sisters in a Late Medieval Dominican Convent', presented at Out of the Margins: New Ideas on the Boundaries of Medieval Studies, University of Cambridge.
May 2015. 'Something Looms: Monastic Women, Textile Production, and the Vita Mixta', presented at Monastic Sciences: Medicina, Mechanica, Philosophia, 4th Annual Leeds Monasticism Conference, University of Leeds.
July 2015. 'The Vita Mixta and the Work of Women in a Late Medieval Franconian Convent', presented at International Medieval Congress, University of Leeds.