We welcome applications from people from ethnic minority backgrounds, from people with disabilities and from men as these groups are currently under-represented in the profession.
The closing date for applying is 1.00pm (UK time) on 3 December 2013. You must have submitted your application by then. We do not accept late applications.
This section of our website has information about the following:
- When to apply includes:
- Applying early - save money on your processing fee.
- Which year to apply - information for Open University students, undergraduates and people completing conversion courses, and information about deferred entry.
- How to apply includes:
- Application - a link to our online application system, a Guide for Applicants, and a sample blank application form so you can see the questions you will be asked.
- Equal opportunities monitoring - how the data you provide is used.
- Processing fee - when to pay, how to pay and how we confirm receipt.
- Documents - what you need to provide, depending on where your qualifications are from, your English language ability and your nationality.
- References includes:
- How we contact your referees - including a Guide for Referees about using the online system.
- Choosing your referees - including sample reference forms so you can see the questions that referees are asked.
- Re-using references - what to do if you need to re-use a reference from previous years.
- Our process includes:
- Important dates throughout the year.
- Applications - how you submit them, how we process them, and how we release them to course centres.
- References - how to check if your references have been submitted and what happens if we do not receive them.
- Interviews includes:
- Short-listing - when and how you will hear if you have been short-listed, and a list of course centres that use short-listing tests.
- Interviews - interview dates for each course centre, and how you will hear the results of interviews.
- Offers of places includes:
- Offers - when and how to respond if you are offered a place.
- Reserve lists - some information on how these work.
If you have problems accessing the internet please contact us to discuss how best you can obtain the information in the Applying section of our website.
Also, if you have any issues using our online application system, eg in relation to a disability, please contact us to discuss how you can make an application eg for our support in using the online system, for an application in another format etc.
The Clearing House can accept no responsibility for errors in the handling of applications howsoever caused. By accepting your application we are not confirming your eligibility for entry to courses.