International Students

We have information for international students about:

  • Funding
    • A list of self-funded courses
    • Working in the UK
  • Qualifications
    • Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC)
    • How do I get my qualifications checked for GBC?
    • Where can I check how my qualifications compare with UK qualifications?

English language ability

If English is not your first language, and you have not completed university qualifications that were fully taught and examined in English, you need to provide evidence of your ability in English language with your application. This still applies if:

  • You are currently studying a university qualification taught in English but have not successfully completed it yet, you still need to provide an English language test.
  • Only part of your university qualification was taught and examined in English eg if you spent a semester of your studies as an exchange student at an English speaking institution, you still need to provide an English language test.

You should provide an IELTS test taken in the last two years. The minimum score you need is 7.00 with no element below 6.5, though some courses may require higher scores.

Some courses also accept TOEFL tests but some do not.

Please see the Courses section for further details of the English language requirements of individual course centres.

Please see the Documents section for details of how to send us your test results.