The Cities Research Theme is establishing a City Research Forum between the University and Leeds City Council. This Forum will include talks, discussions and networking with refreshments.
It is intended that the Forum will meet 3 times a year with this being the first meeting.
The Forum will aim to:
- be a place to network to meet prospective project partners and establish project ideas
- encourage joined up thinking at a city level across various projects and academic disciplines
- lead to more and better quality research projects in the city
- shape projects to make ready for future funding opportunities.
At the first meeting there will be introductory talks from the council and university on their interests in city research, break-out table discussions and general networking with refreshments available.
The Forum will be of interest to:
- University members working with the Council on city-related research projects
- Council officials working on topics that research projects may be able to support
- Potential and current partner organisations, including representatives from third sector, public and private organisations.
Numbers will be limited at this first meeting with a view to growing as the Forum develops. Registrations will be via Eventbrite (link to follow).