The City (Re)Shaped: Exploring the nexus between politics, memory and urbanism in the built environment.
The Architecture & Urbanism Research Cluster, sponsored by the Cities Theme and the School of Civil Engineering, invites you to The City (Re)Shaped.
This multi-disciplinary seminar aims to further our understanding of the intertwined dynamic nature of the Politics of Urbanism and the Urbanism of Politics as manifested in many cities around the world. Conversely, it questions how cities and everyday urban life are used and abused in the containment of these wider national conflicts, and it explores their potential for achieving the self-sustaining moderation, constructive channelling or resolution.
The seminar aims to enhance dialogue between academics and non-academic policy practitioners and community members. It will include keynote speakers, sessions, workshops and round table discussions to debate and explore the seminar themes through theoretical encounters or comparative analytical cases within the MENA, Europe and the rest of the world.
- Call announcement: 24 April 2018
- Abstract deadline: 29 June 2018
- Notification of acceptance: 6 July 2018
- Registration open: until 3 September 2018
- Seminar date: 11 -12 September 2018
- Call for papers out now - please send all abstracts, panel proposals and posters to: email@example.com by Friday 29 June 2018.
For further information, please visit conferences.leeds.ac.uk/cityreshaped