This qualification will teach you through the practical and theoretical aspects of coaching strength and conditioning for sport.
Strength and Conditioning is growing in popularity thanks to its use of resistance training and endurance conditioning to enhance and improve performance.
The course includes how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate strength and conditioning linked to sport coaching sessions for participants of all ages.
What you will learn:
- How to coach and design speed, movement and agility programmes for athletes of all sports
- How to plan a basic strength, hypertrophy and power programme for an athlete
- How to develop your coaching skills to be an effective practitioner
When can this qualification be used?
- To gain employment as a strength and conditioning coach for sport
- To complement your existing skill set in your fitness instructor or personal training role
- To develop your CV for employment in the sport, recreation and allied occupations industry
- As a progression towards the Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
- To gain exposure to the Strength and Conditioning Network
- To act as REPs CPD points
You are required to have a valid First Aid certificate completed within three years prior to the course start date. If you arent first aid qualified, we offer the following courses at the University: Fundamentals of First Aid First Aid for Sport & Active Leisure Please note: You do not require the level one qualification to take part in this course.
Who Should Attend: Anyone over the age of 17 with an interest in the principles of coaching strength and conditioning.
Times: 9am-5pm on all days
Candidates must attend all days of the course.
For more information please contact Rachel Wilson, Social Sport and Coach Education Co-ordinator via email or at 0113 343 0211