New Leeds and Pearson partnership launches online MBA
Together, we’ll develop 12 online Masters-level courses to allow thousands of students globally to access our world-class degree programmes.
The first course of this partnership launches today. Its a fully-online MBA, taught and accredited by the Universitys Business School. Study will include online video seminars and interactive engagement with lecturers and other students.
This new partnership with Pearson builds on our sector-leading reputation in digital learning, having been the first Russell Group university to introduce credit-bearing Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), delivered through FutureLearn.
Online courses across the University have attracted over 750,000 joiners to date and student education at Leeds was also singled-out as a factor in becoming Times/Sunday Times University of the Year 2017.
Pearson is the global leader in online degrees, with over 45 partnerships spanning three continents. It has been responsible for over 300,000 online course starts and serves over 70,000 students worldwide.
Professor Tom Ward, Deputy Vice-Chancellor: Student Education said:
In a higher education landscape that has become increasingly globalised, technology plays a key role, enabling high quality interactions and bringing learners together to share cultural experiences.
Our new online courses open up access to higher education. This is important for the future, in which flexibility in how courses will be offered is key.
Andy Moss, Senior Vice-President for Higher Education at Pearson UK said:
We are delighted to be partnering with the University of Leeds to deliver these online courses. This is a big long-term programme that will cater for thousands of students first in business and in time across a range of disciplines. The potential impact in terms of improving access and outcomes in higher education is tremendous and this partnership is a real statement of Leeds ambition to be a world leader in digital education.
In the future, the partnership plans to launch further courses in areas such as Business, Engineering and Medicine and Health.
More facts about this new online distance learning (ODL) partnership with Pearson:
- Our existing BlackBoard Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) will host the courses. This platform enhances the student learning experience, for example offering synchronous online classrooms for interaction, discussion and collaborative working.
- Courses can be completed over two to four years, allowing students to balance study and personal commitments.
- Pearson will supply dedicated support for students throughout the enrolment process and while they are studying.
- Online course content, virtual teaching and student services will be provided by Leeds.
- Pearson will be responsible for student recruitment, front line student support, and retention services.
Where to find out more:
Posted in: Student education