Postgraduate accommodation

Our University postgraduate accommodation is located close to campus and the city centre. Many postgraduate students also consider living in private accommodation across the city, where you will find a wide range of accommodation on offer.

University accommodation

We have a number of residences which are just for postgraduate and mature students and ideal for those who want to live in a postgraduate environment. All our rents include utility bills, free wi-fi and basic contents insurance. Most students in University accommodation will also receive gym membership to our sports centre The Edge

We guarantee University accommodation to all new single postgraduate students paying international fees who apply before the deadline.

The following residences are exclusively for postgraduate students

St Mark’s Residences

  • newly refurbished self-catered residence
  • more than 500 en-suite bedrooms
  • a gym, business centre and communal lounge area
  • located close to campus
  • 15 minute walk to the city centre

Grayson Heights

  • modern self-catered residence
  • shared flats with 5 bedrooms, kitchen, living room and shared bathrooms
  • close to a large supermarket and leisure centre

You can find details of these and our other residences on our University accommodation website
Contracts usually last 51 weeks. Shorter contracts are available lasting 39 and 42 weeks but they do not cover July and August, so you will need to apply for summer accommodation if you require it. 

How to apply

You must formally accept your academic offer to study with us before you can apply for accommodation. If you are a Masters student or postgraduate researcher starting in September or October, you must apply online for accommodation by 1 July.

If you are starting at any other time of year, please apply for accommodation at least two months before you are due to start at the University. In this case you will need to email for an application form. 

Family housing

We understand how important it is to have your family with you during your studies. The University provides some family accommodation close to the University. Please visit the accommodation website for more information. 

Private accommodation

You may prefer to live in the private sector where you will find an excellent choice  of accommodation close to campus and across Leeds. Options range from rooms in shared houses, to studios and en-suite accommodation in private developments.

If you are considering private housing, help and advice is available from the Student Advice Centre, run by Leeds University Union. We also recommend you use Unipol, a registered charity based on campus.
Unipol can help you to meet other students who are looking to flat/house share or help you find something on your own.

They also hold a number of house hunting events so you can meet other students who are looking to find a shared property.

Begin your search