If you are having some or all of your fees paid by a sponsor. Your sponsor will need to provide a letter detailing how much they are going to pay.

We need to have this evidence so we can issue an invoice to them and allow you to register as a student. Find out exactly what evidence of sponsorship we need to see, how your sponsor can pay us and what happens if your sponsor fails to pay.

Fees and your sponsorship

Sponsors are a third party organisation (for example a company, government department or charity) who are paying your fees and require an invoice from the University of Leeds before they can make payment.

You must provide evidence of your sponsorship before you will be able to register at the University.

If you are receiving a loan from Student Finance this does not count as a sponsor because they do not require an invoice.

The University will invoice your sponsor directly for the annual academic fees after you complete registration. Sponsors must pay the annual academic fees in full at the beginning of the programme of study, when they receive the invoice. Sponsors cannot pay in instalments.

To email us your sponsor letter or if you need help from the Fees team please contact fees@leeds.ac.uk

Evidence of your sponsorship

New students

Your sponsor must write to us on official, letter-headed paper and give the following information:

  • student name in full
  • student ID number
  • duration and course of study
  • duration of sponsorship and amount in UK sterling
  • name and address of where to send the invoice

We must receive your sponsor letter to enable you to register. We will defer your registration for one month from your start date if there is a delay in receiving your sponsor letter.

Once you have completed registration, we will send an invoice to your sponsor.

    Returning students

    In most cases, sponsors can email us a non-editable version of your sponsor letter: for example, a scanned document, PDF or image file.

    Ways your sponsor can pay us

    Sponsors must pay in full in UK sterling within 30 days of the date on the invoice. We do not offer discounts. Instalment arrangements are not available.

    Sponsors may pay by bank transfer or cheque.

    Bank transfer

    Your sponsor can pay directly into the University's bank account quoting your name and invoice number.

    • account name: UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
    • address: Barclays Bank Plc, 69 Albion Street, Leeds, LS1 5AA
    • sort code: 20-48-46
    • account No: 20821845
    • international bank account number: GB48BARC20484620821845
    • Swift: BARCGB22.


    Make payable to "University of Leeds", with the student name and invoice number on the back of the cheque, and send to the following address: Fees team, Student Education Service, Student Services Centre, Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT.

    If your sponsor does not pay

    We'll make every effort to obtain payment from your sponsor, sending them several reminder letters. If they do not pay, we will follow University policy and transfer the tuition fees to your account.

    Once we inform you that you are responsible for paying, the fee will be due immediately. You must make a payment using one of the recommended payment methods. If you do not pay, you will incur late-payment administration charges.