Were continually investing in the best facilities to support you in your studies, from new laboratories and lecture theatres to our impressive libraries.
The University library is one of the major academic research libraries in the UK. We are continually adding to its rich and extensive print and online resources, including some of the UKs most outstanding collections of rare books and manuscripts.
Our library offers a variety of study environments. The Brotherton, the Edward Boyle, the Laidlaw and the Health Sciences libraries each house a different subject-based collection. Almost 4,000 study spaces are available, from silent individual study to vibrant group work areas. All our libraries have extensive computer facilities and are wireless enabled.
Search our online resources including 35,000 e-journals and more than 500,000 e-books. The library digitises key reading for modules through the virtual learning environment.
Postgraduate research hub
The postgraduate-only research hub in the Edward Boyle Library offers:
- space for individual and group work
- bookable individual and group study rooms, with large LED screens
- extra large study desks with wi-fi, individual lighting and power sockets especially useful at writing-up stages of your research
Our expert library staff are here to help you too. They can advise you on searching for information, data management and more. Their workshops, webinars and one-to-one appointments can help you improve your academic skills, such as critical thinking, dissertation writing, digital skills and time management. Find out more about our libraries
Computers and IT
As a postgraduate at Leeds, youll have access to:
- extensive computer facilities and wi-fi coverage across campus on the international Eduroam network
- 1,700 centrally provided networked PCs you can find them in dedicated computer clusters as well as in most of our cafes. Some are open 24/7, ensuring youll be able to study at a time that suits you
- Office 365 email and free Office Professional Plus for students.
We have invested over £2m in a state-of-the-art lecture capture and multimedia management system.
Youll be able to access video and audio recordings of many of your lectures through the Universitys Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Through the VLE, youll also be able to view announcements, get module information, take part in discussion boards and check your grades.
Boost your employment prospects or develop your academic English with our language facilities. Learn another language, or develop your academic English through our Language Centre. It offers independent learning resources, English language courses, and English language and academic study skills support for international students through in-sessional classes and pre-sessional English language programmes. You can benefit from:
- a self-access area where you can study independently and access learning materials in over 40 different languages
- an extensive collection of foreign-language feature films and documentaries
- satellite television over the internet for the study of languages and language learning
- a dedicated language learning advisor
Our students have free access to the online learning package Rosetta Stone. Use it to learn a wide range of languages from beginner to intermediate level.