“Hopefully my research will have an influence on what people know about Zika virus and the lifecycle, and how we can target it with antivirals.”
Were continually investing in the best facilities to support you in your studies, from new laboratories and lecture theatres to our impressive libraries.
The University library is one of the major academic research libraries in the UK. We are continually adding to its rich and extensive print and online resources, including some of the UKs most outstanding collections of rare books and manuscripts.
You'll benefit from:
- expert support in literature searching, referencing, bibliometrics, open access and research data management
- four libraries on campus, open throughout the year, at a range of times
- easy access to more than three million print items and thousands of online library resources
- different working environments, including spaces for group study and silent individual study, as well as cafés
- IT zones and study facilities equipped with the latest technology
Search our online resources including 35,000 e-journals and more than 500,000 e-books. The library digitises key reading for modules through the virtual learning environment.
Postgraduate research hub
The postgraduate-only research hub in the Edward Boyle Library offers:
- space for individual and group work
- bookable individual and group study rooms, with large LED screens
- extra large study desks with wi-fi, individual lighting and power sockets especially useful at writing-up stages of your research
Our expert library staff are here to help you too. They can advise you on searching for information, data management and more. Their workshops, webinars and one-to-one appointments can help you improve your academic skills, such as critical thinking, dissertation writing, digital skills and time management.
Develop your skills and research in medicine and healthcare with our laboratories and clinical facilities. Specialist bioscience and engineering laboratories offer industry-standard facilities, and our studios, workshops and theatre and performance spaces support creative and performing arts research. Read more about our research facilities.
Computers and IT
As a postgraduate at Leeds, youll have access to:
- specialist software and services to help you access all the research and industry-focused facilities you'll need
- free high-speed wi-fi across campus
- Office 365 email and free Office Professional Plus for students
- personalised content on your phone through the UniLeeds app
Youll be able to access video and audio recordings of many of your lectures through the Universitys Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Through the VLE, youll also be able to view announcements, get module information, take part in discussion boards and check your grades.
Boost your employment prospects by learning a new language or develop your academic English with ourexcellent language facilities. If youre an international student, our pre-sessional English courses will help you prepare for postgraduate research in the UK.
Our Language Centre offers independent learning resources, English language courses, and English language and academic study skills support for international students through in-sessional classes and pre-sessional English language programmes. You can benefit from:
- a self-access area where you can study independently and access learning materials in over 40 different languages
- an extensive collection of foreign-language feature films and documentaries
- satellite television over the internet for the study of languages and language learning
- a dedicated language learning advisor
Our students have free access to the online learning package Rosetta Stone. Use it to learn a wide range of languages from beginner to intermediate level.