Each year the University of Leeds hosts continuing professional development conferences in Leeds and London. These free events are designed to support staff in the post-16 sector who have specific responsibilities for progression and guidance to higher education.
Our 2018 events will take place on the following dates:
Leeds conference: Wednesday 23 May, 9.30am - 3.30pm, University House, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT
London conference: Thursday 14 June, 9.30am - 3.30pm, CCT Venues-Barbican, London EC1A 4JA
Both conferences will offer a mix of general Higher Education advice sessions, in addition to subject specific workshops including:
- clearing and adjustment at Leeds; advice for your students
- the journey to medical school
- developing research and study skills; support for supervisors
- STEM at Leeds; employability and graduate destinations
- a big Q-Step forward; training social scientists of the future
Keynote speaker, Charlie Smith from UCAS will provide delegates with an update on the 2018 admissions cycle, exploring the changing trends in Higher Education applications.