If you have any enquiries or experience any difficulties with the University's Publication scheme or need a response to a request for information, please get in touch with us by contacting the Freedom of Information Officer:
Secretariat, Level11, EC Stoner Building
The University of Leeds
LEEDS LS2 9JT
Tel: +44(0)113 343 1155
If you wish to complain about the response you have received or to request a review of the University's decision, you should contact the Universitys Complaints Officer, David Wardle, in writing. He can be contacted at:
Level 11, EC Stoner Building
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
Your complaint will be dealt with in line with the principles set out by the Information Commissioner for the internal review of Freedom of Information request responses, and in line with the Universitys internal complaints procedures.
In particular, you should expect:
- receipt of the complaint to be acknowledged within 5 working days;
- a reasoned judgement upon your complaint within 20 working days; or
- in complex cases, a reasoned judgement within 40 working days;
- to be kept informed of the progress of any investigation;
- a clear explanation of any delay in responding to your complaint;
- to receive information about how to contact the Information Commissioner if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint.
The University aims to balance the rights of the complainant and those of any person complained against; all parties must be treated with respect. A complainant should not expect to suffer any reprisals for making a complaint or requesting a review in good faith, and any evidence of recrimination should be brought immediately to the attention of the Universitys Complaints Officer.