Application deadline: Friday 18 May 2018, 12pm
For 2018 entry, if your household income is less than £42,875 a year you may be eligible to apply for a means-tested undergraduate scholarship.
Worth £3,000 a year for three years (paid in cash instalments), our scholarships based on household income are of higher value than the Universitys funding package Leeds Financial Support (funding which is automatically awarded based on a students household income level).
The scholarships are non-repayable and are in addition to the financial support you can receive from the government (ie tuition fee loan or maintenance loan).
Alongside the scholarships, you'll have access to one-to-one support and advice sessions, group workshops, mentoring opportunities, monthly newsletters updating you on relevant activity on and off campus and social events.
There are a limited number of scholarships available. We will award the undergraduate means-tested scholarships to selected UK students from low income households who meet the eligibility criteria and are entering Leeds as full-time, level one undergraduates in September 2018.
The scholarships are available thanks to the generous support from alumni and other organisations.
Applying for means-tested scholarshipsApplications for 2018 means-tested scholarships have now closed.
If you have any questions about the scholarships based on household income please contact the Scholarships Officer.
Please see below for other key dates in the scholarship process:
- Early August - all provisional, reserve and unsuccessful applicants to be contacted with outcome of application.
- Friday 26 October - deadline for Student Finance England income assessments. Students must ensure all relevant information has been passed on to the University of Leeds Funding team, or risk having their scholarship withdrawn.
- Late October/early November first scholarship payment (if all relevant information has been received).
A range of other scholarships are available from the University:
- subject related academic achievement scholarships for UK/ EU students and international students
- sports scholarship programme for elite athletes
- enterprise scholarship scheme for undergraduate students starting their own businesses
Please note: information relating to scholarships does change from time to time. Whilst the University endeavours to keep this information as up to date as possible, it cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.