Leeds Creative Labs: Biological Sciences Edition
13 November 2017 - 22 January 2018
In the current edition of Leeds Creative Labs, we have matched biological sciences researchers with artists, to spend time together to talk and explore, with no brief other than to see what happens; an unexpected, playful liaison over three flexible days that allows partners to breathe and think freely.
- Yoselin Benitez-Alfonso, with Sam Amsbury and Phil Kirk matched with Nathan Geering from Rationale Theatre Company
- Jack Goode, with researchers of antimicrobial resistance Christoph Wälti, Paul Milner, Mike McPherson, Mike Szymoniak, Hope Adamson and Rajan Sharma matched with Jono and Claire Gadsby from theatre company Fused Imagination
- Christopher Hassell, with a multidisciplinary team including Ian Kellar, Martin Dallimer and Rosie McEachan matched with artist Alison Smith
- Faisal Mushtaq and Mark Mon-Williams matched with illustrator Amy Evans
- Paul Knox matched with writer Clare Fisher
Launched on Monday 13 November, the five teams will collaborate over a two-month period before jointly sharing their experiences at an open event at stage@leeds on 22 January 2018.
This event would be of interest to anyone curious about how academia and the creative arts can challenge and inspire each other. There will be ample opportunity for discussion and networking, fuelled by refreshments and ending with lunch. For catering purposes if you are able to attend please register for the event
For further information about Leeds Creative Labs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org