Leeds Creative Labs: Biological Sciences Edition
13 November 2017 - 22 January 2018
In the latest edition of Leeds Creative Labs, we matched biological sciences researchers with artists, to spend time together to talk and explore, with no brief other than to see what happens; an unexpected, playful liaison over three flexible days that allows partners to breathe and think freely.
- Yoselin Benitez-Alfonso, with Sam Amsbury and Phil Kirk matched with Nathan Geering from Rationale Theatre Company
- Jack Goode, with researchers of antimicrobial resistance Christoph Wälti, Paul Milner, Mike McPherson, Mike Szymoniak, Hope Adamson and Rajan Sharma matched with Jono and Claire Gadsby from theatre company Fused Imagination
- Christopher Hassell, with a multidisciplinary team including Ian Kellar, Martin Dallimer and Rosie McEachan matched with artist Alison Smith
- Faisal Mushtaq and Mark Mon-Williams matched with illustrator Amy Evans
- Paul Knox matched with writer Clare Fisher
Launched on Monday 13 November, the five teams collaborated over a two-month period before jointly sharing their experiences at an event at stage@leeds on 22 January 2018.