World-changing research and innovation through international collaboration
We are committed to making a difference to the world we live in. We are an outstanding research university, carrying out world-changing research and innovation through international collaboration to maximise global impact.
We aim to provide an outstanding education to attract, excite and retain high-quality students from diverse backgrounds, and equip them to succeed in a competitive global employment market.
Facts and figures
- 1A top 100 university | QS World University Rankings 2021
- 2An international community of students and staff from over 170 countries
- 3Among the top 50 most international universities in the world 2018 | Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- 4A global network of more than 280,000 alumni from 190 countries
- 5Joint school with Southwest Jiaotong University (SWJTU) to deliver world-class teaching and research
- 6One of the largest study abroad programmes in the UK with more than 400 active exchange agreements in 45 different countries
- 7Ranked 70th in the world for graduate employability | QS World Graduate Employability Rankings 2018
- 8More than half of our research papers have involved working with international collaborators in the past three years | 2018