As our ground-breaking research feeds directly into our teaching, students share in the knowledge of our academics, becoming independent critical thinkers and unlocking their full potential. This, combined with the range of work experience and career development services available to them, makes our graduates highly employable and ready for the world of work:
- The University is the 5th most targeted university by the UKs top 100 graduate employers
- Over 1400 undergraduate students undertook international study or work experience in 2015-16, including medicine elective placements
- In 2015-16 over 100 students received subsidised internships providing three-month summer projects supporting the development and productivity of regional small and medium-sized enterprises and charities
- We work with strategic partners such as Marks & Spencer to create student placement opportunities to meet their emerging business needs and develop the employability of our students
- Over 70 Leeds students have undertaken highly valued internships and industrial placement years with leading consumer goods company, Unilever
- Each year our students undertake voluntary outreach and aspiration raising activity in local schools, equivalent to delivering 443 weeks of classroom support
- 3,500 students volunteer through local, national and international projects every year
"Outstanding student satisfaction levels do not happen by accident and reflect the emphasis placed here on getting the student learning experience spot on It is no wonder that Leeds' graduates are so sought after by employers.Alastair McCall, editor of The Sunday Times Good University Guide and University of the Year 2017 judge
Recruiting our students
All businesses have access to our dedicated
You can also download our employer engagement brochure
Internships and work placements
Your organisation can benefit from the specialist skills, new ideas and enthusiasm of our students by offering internships or work placements. They are a great way to get a project completed, or assess whether a role is needed on a longer-term basis.
"Employing these high calibre students brings fresh new ideas to the business and allows us to initiate projects which might otherwise not have been possible."Kirsten Wood, Finance Manager, Unilever
We work with businesses, charities and the public sector to advertise internships and 12
Career fairs and on-campus events
We have a number of fairs across the academic year open to all University of Leeds students, enabling you to promote your opportunities to a diverse cohort of students. The Graduate Jobs and Internships Fair which takes place in semester 2 is open to all UK university students, not just those from Leeds.. We host faculty-specific events and, if appropriate, arrange bespoke activities to suit the needs of your organisation. For more information email email@example.com or phone (0113) 3435290.
Casual, part-time and holiday jobs are advertised by the Student unions
If you are a UK-based third sector organisation, charity, community group or public sector organisation looking for volunteers in the Leeds area, there are thousands of students keen to develop their skills and give back to the community. Our dedicated volunteering team can offer guidance and support along with advertising vacancies through the volunteering hub. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (0113) 3432910.
The Leeds Network is a secure online database of Leeds alumni who have given details about their careers to inspire students to take the next step in their career. You can get involved in two ways:
- offer guidance and support to students by answering careers related questions
- provide a profile about you and your career developments which students can read for inspiration