Project OutputsThe project aims to produce a number of outputs which may be of interest to the wider community. Outputs will include:
- A skills, knowledge and training map to identify the skills, knowledge and training required at each stage (and across) the lifecycle of digital content.
- Case studies exemplifying institutional strategies for digitisation. Specifically: strategies for digitisation to support collection management; strategies for digitisation to support Special Collections; and strategies to support on-demand digitisation.
- Case studies or models exemplifying collaborative and consortial strategies for digitisation. Specifically: modelling a consortial service for digital image creation; strategies to support consortial collection management; and modelling a consortial infrastructure for institutional and/or consortial collections.
- Lifecycle toolkit and best practice guidelines. Drawing on the institutional and consortial case studies, the toolkit will bring together checklists, decision trees and lessons learned to create a resource pack for institutions undertaking digitisation activities.
- A week-long series of training/dissemination events – open to the wider community.