A wide range of postgraduate research opportunities are available in all divisions within LIGHT, with a focus on research into common chronic diseases (including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, neurodegenerative diseases and reproductive health) in order to contribute to disease prevention and improvements in the delivery of patient care.
Where to find information on Postgraduate Research
For general information about carrying out a postgraduate research degree in the Institute please visit the Faculty of Medicine and Health Graduate School webpage, or follow the more specific links below:
- Download the University of Leeds Guide - 'Experience Postgraduate Research'.
- For information about the application process please visit out 'How to Apply' page.
- For information about current studentships please visit the graduate school studentships page.
- Information on Postgraduate fees and finance.
- Information on University of Leeds accommodation.
Further information about PhD opportunities in LIGHT can be obtained from Dr George Ellison, our Institute Academic Lead for Postgraduate Research Students: