MIUA98 - Programme
Correct as of 20 May 1998. Subject to amendment.
The WWW links from authors' names have been supplied by the authors themselves.
Oral presentations - Monday
Oral presentations - Tuesday
Monday 6 July 1998
0930-1030 Coffee, meeting registration
1030-1200 1. Dynamic Image Analysis. Chairs: Prof MA Smith, Dr JFM Meaney
- Using a Bayesian approach on a network of quads to track tagged cardiac MR images. JT Kent, KV Mardia, D Lee, KMA de Souza, University of Leeds
- Tracking the LV in velocity MR images using fuzzy clustering. AI Shihab, P Burger, Imperial College, London
- Intensity-invariant 2D+T acoustic boundary detection.
M Mulet Parada, JA Noble, University of Oxford
- Improving time of arrival map quality in MR perfusion. A Jackson, KL Li, XP Zhu, NA Thacker, University of Manchester
1200-1315 Lunch, Posters A, Exhibition
1315-1445 2. Vascular Image Analysis. Chairs: Dr JA Noble, Mr DJA Scott
- Segmentation of Renal System Structures from Nuclear Medicine Images based on Co-occurrence Matrices.
RMJ Jose, JF Boyce, AS Houston, WFD Sampson, King’s College, London
- Reproducibility Analysis of 3-D geometrical reconstruction of a human arterial bifurcation. Q Long, XY Xu, MW Collins, AV Stanton, A Hughes, S Thom, City University, London
- An automatic 3D deformable model for segmentation of branching structures compared with interactive region growing.
AJ Bulpitt, E Berry, University of Leeds
- Functional analysis of fluorescein angiography.
JH Hipwell, A Manivannan, P Viera, PF Sharp, JV Forrester, University of Aberdeen
1445-1530 Tea, Posters B, Exhibition
1530-1715 3. Image Registration. Chairs: Dr DLG Hill, Dr ACF Colchester
- Renormalised Sinc Interpolation. NA Thacker, A Jackson, D Moriarty, B Vokurka. University of Manchester
- A Quantitative Evaluation of Automatic Rigid Registration of Knee Volumes.
N Hill, E Berry, RD Boyle, University of Leeds
- The registration of images of the spine after patient movement. GP Penney, JA Little, RP Gaston, MG Cowling, DLG Hill, DJ Hawkes, UMDS Guy’s Hospital, London
- Local deformation metrics and nonlinear registration using a fluid model with variable viscosity.
H Lester, S Arridge, University College, London
- Elastic Medical Image Registration using Orientation Attributes at Landmarks. M Fornefett, K Rohr, R Sprengel, HS Stiehl, Universität Hamburg, DE.
~ 1900 Conference Dinner, Devonshire Hall. Bar open until midnight
Tuesday 7 July 1998
0900-1045 4. Segmentation / Classification. Chairs: Prof CJ Taylor, Prof A Jackson
- Combining cross-validation and jackknifing to assess the validity of a normal brain atlas.
Royal Hospital, Haslar
- Measuring global and local spatial correspondence using information theory. F Bello, ACF Colchester, University of Kent at Canterbury
- Automatic quantification of changes in tumour volume and mass effect following radiotherapy. G Calmon, N Roberts, Q Gong, PR Eldridge, AR Brodbelt, J-P Thirion, University of Liverpool
- Pre-treatment planning for the endovascular coiling of intracranial saccular aneurysms. D Wilson, JA Noble, University of Oxford
- Feature detection in volumetric images via local energy and ordered thinning.
C Pudney, University of Western Australia.
1045-1120 Coffee, Posters A, Exhibition
1120-1245 5. Optical Image Analysis. Chairs: Dr E Berry, Dr RG Jones
- Registration of multiple video images to pre-operative data for image guided surgery. MJ Clarkson, D Rückert, DLG Hill, DJ Hawkes, UMDS Guy’s Hospital, London
- Image analysis of nail fold capillary patterns.
PD Allen, CJ Taylor, AL Herrick, T Moore, University of Manchester
- Detecting asymmetries in hippocampal shape and receptor distribution using statistical appearance models and linear discriminant analysis.
D Poxton, J Graham, JFW Deakin, University of Manchester
- Evaluation of border irregularity in pigmented skin lesions against consensus of expert clinicians.
E Claridge, JDM Smith, PN Hall, University of Birmingham
1245-1350 Lunch, Posters B, Exhibition
1350-1455 6. 3D Visualisation. Chairs: Prof DC Hogg, Mr N Phillips
- 3D Imaging and Rapid Prototyping in the Manufacture of custom made Cranial Titanium Plates. RJ Winder, RS Cooke, J Gray, T Fannin, T Fegan. NI Medical Physics Agency, Belfast
- 3D Ultrasound Without Voxels.
A Gee, L Berman, University of Cambridge
- Spatial error bounds for the rendering of volumetric data. M Bosma, J Smit, University of Twente, NL
1520-1625 7. Mammography. Chairs: Prof JM Brady, Dr CRM Boggis
- Prompting in mammography: Computer-aided Detection or Diagnosis?
M Hartswood, R Procter, LJ Williams, University of Edinburgh
- The Development and Evaluation of a System to Assist in the Interpretation of Mammograms. P Taylor, J Fox, A Todd-Pokropek, University College London
- The detection of abnormal masses in mammograms: Part 2.
R Zwiggelaar, CJ Taylor, University of Portsmouth
Dynamic Image Analysis.
- Scaled error mapping in MR perfusion imaging. KL Li, XP Zhu, A Jackson , University of Manchester
- Quantitative measurement of volume blood flow in moving vascular grafts using digital subtraction angiography. K Rhode , AM Seifalian, J McNeill, G Hamilton, DJ Hawkes, Royal Free Hospital and School of Medicine, London
- Multislice data acquisition for multiplanar reformatting and image registration. J V Hajnal, N Saeed, A Oatridge, GM Bydder, Imperial College School of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London
Segmentation / Classification.
- Application of multi-spectral probabilistic diffusion to dual echo MRI. SR Arridge, A Simmons, University College London
- Image analysis for computer-assisted surgery of hip fractures.
T Ozanian, R Phillips, W Viant, University of Hull
- Interactive segmentation of ultrasound images by creep-and-merge. C Sherratt, A Basman, R Prager,
University of Cambridge
- Accuracy of Tissue Volume Estimation in NMR Images.
N A Thacker, A Jackson, XP Zhu, KL Li, University of Manchester
Shape and texture
- Equivalence of Singh Index and Texture Analysis of Trabecular Patterns on Pelvic Radiographs.
R Lee, J Dacre, M James, P Taylor, UCL Medical School, Whittington Hospital, London
- Fast and Automatic MR Image Segmentation. N R Smith, RI Kitney, Imperial College, London
Optical Image Analysis.
- Automatic 3D Histogram Clustering to Segment and Measure Images of Healing Leg Ulcers.
W P Berriss,
SJ Sangwine, University of Reading
- Location of the Optic Nerve Head Boundary. T Morris, Z Newell , UMIST, Manchester
- A new template matching approach for automatic classification of viruses in electron microscope images. L-K Shark, B Matuszewsli, G Hall, University of Central Lancashire , Preston
- Segmentation of 3D histopathological images using snakes and its application in quantitative evaluation of FISH signals. P S Umesh Adiga, BB Chaudhuri, Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India
Created 3 May 1998
Last revised 14 June 1998