A 2010 general election debates roundtable event facilitated by the Institute of Communications Studies and Leeds University Business School.
A roundtable workshop will bring together scholars and journalists to discuss changes and continuities in British election communications on 9 June at 4.15pm.
The introduction of televised debates between the main political parties' leaders inspired citizen engagement with campaign issues and forced party leaders to adopt new communication strategies. This event, titled 'New Politics - New Communication? The debates and the 2010 general election' will see panellists discuss and analyse one of the most exciting political campaigns in British post-war history. Everyone is welcome to join the panellists in the Leeds University Business School (Room SR 1.03) this Wednesday. The panellists are:
- Jay G. Blumler, Professor Emeritus
- Martin Wainwright, Northern Editor of The Guardian
- Len Tingle, Political Editor BBC Yorkshire
- Judith Stamper, Principal Teaching Fellow in Broadcast Journalism
- Stephen Coleman, Professor in Political Communication
For further information:
Please contact the University of Leeds Press Office on +44 (0)113 343 4031 or email firstname.lastname@example.org