This team's responsibilities include ensuring that principal decision-making bodies are provided with timely information, analysis and advice. It also oversees the constitutional operation of the University as a whole, by administering:
The team is headed by Catherine Cho (Head of Governance Support), and includes Helena Smith, Rebecca Messenger-Clark, Helen Pickersgill and Dawn Thompson.
This team is responsible for the administration of the University's procedures in relation to the following:
- Academic appeals (by taught and research students)
- The University's Student Complaints Procedure
- Reports of hate crime, sexual assault and online harassment
- Allegations of cheating and plagiarism
- Student discipline cases
- Student progress cases, including the Fitness to Study procedure
- Student health and conduct
- Advice on the regulations for taught programmes of study
The team includes Rebecca Dearden (Head of Student Cases), Jenny Foggin, Guy Dixon, Cheryl Cox, Alison Usher and Lucy Scott.
The Legal Affairs team is headed by the University Solicitor, Adrian Slater, who provides the University with in-house legal advice.
The team also includes Caroline Coulsey, Melanie Steed, Kelly Simpson and Tracey Crombie.
Last updated - 26.2.2019 (CLLC)
The Secretariat is also responsible for a number of business planning and outward-facing activities, including:
David Wardle (Deputy Secretary) has overall responsibility for these activities, with support from other members of the Secretariat, including Louise McCunniff and Daksha Chavda.