Student Financial Administration | Student Services Centre

Getting money from the University

In the Funding team we deal with a broad range of funding, including the Leeds Financial Support, the Access to Learning Fund, the Leeds Bursary, and postgraduate maintenance awards.

We provide a link to the Student Loans Company, keeping them informed of your academic progress, and enabling them to pay your student loans and grants.

For information on the Robert Ogden or Leeds Scholarship, contact the Office for Access and Community Engagement.

For information on postgraduate scholarships, visit the Scholarships website.

Contact details

Student Services Centre
Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building
University of Leeds
Phone: 0113 3432007

Get independent advice on campus

Leeds University Union (LUU) Student Advice Centre offers professional, friendly advice and is independent of the University.

They offer help with all aspects of student life. The service is free and confidential.

They can:

  • Check you have all the money you’re entitled to, including grants, loans and state benefits
  • Help with applications to relevant discretionary sources of funding
  • Help you plan a realistic budget
  • Help you negotiate with creditors and manage debts.

Student Advice Centre
Leeds University Union
PO Box 157
Phone: 0113 3801300

Looking for counselling?

Student Counselling Centre
Phone: 0113 3434107

Useful links

University of Leeds financial support information for prospective students - student loans and grants from the Government

NHS bursary information

National Union of Students
News and advice on money and funding

National Debtline
Phone: 0808 808 4000

Citizens Advice Bureau
Advice on debt, housing, immigration, benefits and legal matters

Family Action Educational Grants

Professional and Career Development Loans

Page owner: