Summary: Philosophy of Language; Philosophy of Logic and Mathematics; Philosophy of Religion
Simon is currently working on questions around on quantifier determinacy and set-theoretic pluralism, as well as pursuing interests in philosophy of religion. A longer term project of his is to investigate the (historically important) view that nothing whatsoever follows from a contradiction. He has been awarded a Leverhulme Early Career fellowship to undertake work on this from 2018 onwards.
His personal website is here.
- Philosophy of Logic and Language
- Philosophy of Mathematics
- Philosophy of Religion
- Modalising Plurals in Journal of Philosophical Logic, 41 (2012).
- The Logic of Finite Order in Notre Dame Journal of Philosophical Logic, 53 (2012).
- When do Some Things Form a Set? in Philosophia Mathematica 23 (2015).
- A Cardinal Problem for Permissive Ontology in Metaphysica 16 (2015).
- A Note on Uzquiano's 'Varieties of Indefinite Extensibility', forthcoming in Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic.
- Rosy with Sider? The case of the Metaphysical Liar, forthcoming in Journal of Philosophical Logic.