Summary: Philosophy of Language; Philosophy of Logic and Mathematics; Medieval Logic and Philosophy; Philosophy of Religion
Simon is currently working on the Nature of Representation project. His work here is on quantifier determinacy and set-theoretic pluralism. A longer term project of his is to investigate the (historically important) view that nothing whatsoever follows from a contradiction. He also has interests in social philosophy.
His personal website is here.
- Philosophy of Logic and Language
- Philosophy of Mathematics
- Medieval Logic and Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion
- Modalising Plurals in Journal of Philosophical Logic, 41 (2012).
- The Logic of Finite Order in Notre Dame Journal of Philosophical Logic, 53 (2012).
- When do Some Things Form a Set? in Philosophia Mathematica 23 (2015).
- A Cardinal Problem for Permissive Ontology in Metaphysica 16 (2015).
- A Note on Uzquiano's 'Varieties of Indefinite Extensibility', forthcoming in Notre Dame Journal of Formal Logic.