It is too late to apply for courses starting in autumn 2021: the closing date was 18 November 2020.
You cannot register, start an application or submit an application at this time of year.
The details currently on our website are for the autumn 2021 intake, and will be updated in September 2021 for the autumn 2022 intake, but you can see what's usually involved and start preparing if you wish. Some details may change for the next application cycle.

The National Health Service (NHS) provides the funding for most of the places on clinical psychology courses. People accepted on these NHS funded places are employed by the NHS as Trainee Clinical Psychologists while they study. They start their training with a salary of £31,365 pa, which is the bottom of Band 6 (April 2020 figures) on the Agenda for Change pay scale (please see the NHS Health Careers website for more information about NHS pay and benefits).

Course fees are usually paid by the NHS. For further details about other costs eg travel between placement bases and academic bases, please see the Courses section for information provided by individual course centres.

Please note that the Clearing House plays no role in the funding arrangements for clinical psychology training. Individual course centres will provide details about the funding arrangements for their programme when an offer of a place is made.

The UK and the EU

The UK left the EU on 31 January 2020 and entered a transitional/implementation period which is likely to continue only until 31 December 2020. During this transitional/implementation period EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their relevant family members can come to, or remain in, the UK on the same basis as before Brexit. It is unclear at this point what arrangements will be in place when the transitional/implementation period ends. The Clearing House will therefore process applications as usual. There will be no extensions to deadlines so please do not wait for further information about Brexit before deciding whether to apply.

For updates about the Brexit process you may find the following websites useful:

Self-funded places

There are self-funded places available for applicants with home fees status at the course centres listed below (see the Entry Requirements section if you need more information about fees status).

If you choose to apply for these self-funded places you will need to provide your own funding eg by funding yourself, by getting a scholarship, by organising sponsorship etc. You will need to fund all of your costs for the three years of training eg course fees, living costs, travel expenses etc. Please check the information provided by the centres concerned to see how much their course fees are.

Course centres that have self-funded places for UK applicants
Course centre How to apply
University of Essex Apply through the Clearing House to course 08 - X.
University of Hertfordshire Apply through the Clearing House to course 11 - X
or directly to the university.
Salomons - Canterbury Christ Church University Apply directly to the university.

International students

Please see the International Students section for a list of self-funded courses for international applicants.