Clinical psychology graduates have excellent rates of employment:
- For people completing NHS training* in 2017, of those who returned data 94.8% took up employment as a clinical psychologist or in an equivalent post, within 12 months of graduating. This is in line with the rate for the previous 4 years which was between 93% and 97% each year.
- Of those working as clinical psychologists or at an equivalent level, 94.9% were working in the NHS or in other public sector funded posts. This is in line with the rate for the previous 4 years which was between 92% and 97% each year.
Details of the clinical psychology specialties that graduates went into are given below:
- Employment by specialty for 2017 graduates - pdf or Excel
- Employment by specialty for 2016 graduates - pdf or Excel
- Employment by specialty for 2015 graduates - pdf or Excel
* People currently training as clinical psychologists are employed by the NHS. These arrangements may be amended for candidates entering training in 2019, but this is unclear at this stage. Please see the Funding page for more information.