The LGBT+ parenting event is designed for colleagues to find out more about LGBT+ parenting in a supportive and queer-friendly space. Vegan refreshments will be provided.
Come along to a University of Leeds LGBT+ network parenting information and networking session!
- an LGBT+ parent?
- an LGBT+ person thinking about building a family?
- confused about what rights and entitlements LGBT+ parents have at the University of Leeds?
- concerned about coming out as an LGBT+ parent at the University of Leeds?
- Interested in learning more about how you can support your LGBT+ parent colleagues at the University of Leeds?
The LGBT+ parenting event is designed for colleagues to find out more about LGBT+ parenting in a supportive and queer-friendly space.
Please note: this event will discuss topics that some participants may find personal, intimate or challenging.
The LGBT+ network is working with the Staff Counselling and Psychological Support Service to create a supportive, safe environment at the event.
- What rights and entitlements do LGBT+ parents have at the University of Leeds? Presentation by James Willmoth on the support offered by HR.
- LBGT+ parents at the University of Leeds. Perspectives from Staff Counselling and Psychological Support Service, and from LGBT+ parents from across the University who will share their personal experiences, including fertility treatment, adoption, parenting a non-binary child, and coming out after having a child.
- Networking and facilitated group discussion.
- Feedback: How can the University of Leeds better support LBGT+ parents? How can we build a support network? What other lessons can we take from today?
Vegan refreshments will be provided.
Attendance is free but please RSVP on Eventbrite