- Wednesday 30 March 2022
- 4:00pm - 6:30pm
- Clothworkers' Centenary Concert Hall
- Staff and students only
Come and see the breadth of Language@Leeds research through presentations and a poster session and discuss opportunities for new interdisciplinary collaborations.
Language@Leeds is an interdisciplinary centre for language research and scholarship at the University of Leeds, encompassing expertise from the arts and humanities, education and social sciences, psychology and biological sciences, as well as computing and engineering.
Our research addresses the following challenges:
- How can we reduce inequalities between children and improve their life chances?
- How can we achieve greater social justice?
- What does humanity lose when languages disappear?
- How can we improve the effectiveness of communication?
- How can we improve the production of meaning in qualitative research across scientific disciplines?
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Simone Buitendijk, will formally open proceedings at 4pm. The event includes a wine and canapés reception.
The full programme will be available on the Language@Leeds website from 10 March.