Part-time students from England may be eligible for a tuition fee loan that covers the full tuition fees and is paid directly to us.
You may be eligible for a tuition fee loan if you are a part-time student who:
- is from England
- is a UK national
- has been resident in the UK for the past five years
You can check the eligibility criteria on the Gov.uk website.
To qualify for a tuition fee loan you need to:
- register on a Higher Education course lasting for at least one year, such as:
- foundation degree
- Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
- Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE).
- study at least 30 credits a year (25% of a full-time course)
You may not be eligible if you have already studied on a higher education course. Call Student Finance England for advice on 0300 100 0607.
The application opening date for 2019 has not yet been confirmed. We will post the date here as soon as the information becomes available.
You will need to know your tuition fee charge for the coming year. Part-time fees are charged proportionally to the full-time fee of £9,250 (120 credits).
Other financial support
If your household income is £42,875 or less, you may qualify for Leeds Financial Support. You can take this award as a:
- cash award
- tuition fee discount or
- discount on university-owned accommodation.
If you choose the tuition fee discount you should still apply for a tuition fee loan to cover the full tuition charge. You can reduce the loan amount once the tuition fee discount is awarded.