14 January 4 March 2019
Our new edition of Leeds Creative Labs will bring together artists with biological scientists to explore collaborations and create ideas. This comes after the success of the first Biological Sciences edition of Leeds Creative Labs in 2017.
Applications now open
Were inviting artists, creative technologists and digital innovators to apply to Leeds Creative Labs: Biological Sciences 2nd Edition. Please get in touch if you are:
- ambitious and curious to connect with academics to see where it might lead
- keen to share experience and inspirations
- curious to find out how the liaison might influence what you do and how you do it
- able to participate in the introductory and showcase events in Leeds on 14 January and 4 March 2019, and able to spend at least three days with your partner between these dates
Four collaborations will take place during Leeds Creative Labs: Biological Science 2nd Edition. Each non-University partner or organisation selected to take part will be awarded a bursary of £1,000 in recognition of their contribution to the programme.
Successful applicants will be matched with our academics by the Leeds Creative Labs team, which includes representatives from the Cultural Institute and Leeds Digital Festival. Partners will spend at least three days together (arranged at mutual convenience), before sharing their experience and ideas for the future with fellow participants.
There is not a defined expectation of output, but ideas for the creation of new work, activity and material will be considered for development and funding as part of a potential stage two programme.
Leeds Creative Labs gave us the freedom of three days without any expectations. We were given excellent guidance and financial support, and it was the beginning of a continuing relationship with our academic collaborator.Katy Vanden, Producer, Cap-a-pie
- 2 December 2018: closing date for creative applications
- 3 December 2018: academic engagement event
- 16 December 2018: closing date for academic applications
- 20 December 2018: applicants notified of outcome
- 4 January 2018: collaborations announced
- 14 January 2019*: launch event
- 14 January - End of February 2019*: Leeds Creative Labs: Biological Sciences 2nd Edition collaboration period
- 4 March 2019*: share event
How to apply
Creative professionals are invited to complete our short application form.
If you are an academic wishing to take part, please complete this short application form. We are hosting a launch event aimed at researchers based in the Faculty of Biological Sciences on 3 December. Register for your place.
For further information about Leeds Creative Labs, please email email@example.com.
Read more about Leeds Creative Labs.