Access to Leeds applications are now closed for 2021 entry - applications will reopen in late September for 2022 entry.
We recommend that you apply for Access to Leeds directly because it allows you to provide more information that could support your application.
Some eligible students are picked up through their UCAS application but we cannot guarantee this.
The Access to Leeds deadlines for application are:
- November 2021 for Medicine (A100) and Dental Surgery (A200) courses
- February 2022 for all other courses
You should submit your Access to Leeds application as close as possible to your UCAS application.
For applicants to courses requiring an interview as part of the application process, we strongly recommend that you submit your Access to Leeds application at the same time as your UCAS application. For UCAS deadlines, visit the University's application timetable page.
There are three steps to applying:
- Read our Access to Leeds application guidelines (available from September)
- Fill in our Access to Leeds application form (available from September)
- Submit your application using our online Access to Leeds application submission form (available from September)
Getting a reference
You'll need a reference to complete your application - preferably from a tutor or teacher. They will need to complete a section of your application form before you submit it. They will be asked to confirm which criteria they believe you meet that makes you eligible for Access to Leeds, plus other information to support your application. They can get further information about how to do this in our application guidelines.
Privacy and data protection
By completing an Access to Leeds application, you are agreeing to the personal data you provide being accessed and used by the University as detailed in the Access to Leeds direct application privacy notice. For further information on how your information is stored and used, please read the student privacy notice.
What happens next
- Once you have applied we will email you to confirm if you are eligible for the scheme within a few days.
- Your Access to Leeds application will be passed to the admissions team for the course you have applied to. The admissions team will assess your Access to Leeds or UCAS application and make an offer based on your predicted grades, your UCAS personal statement, UCAS reference, interview (for some courses) and the additional information provided by you and your referee on the application form.
- If your application to the University is successful, you will receive an offer letter. This will include a standard offer (the normal entry requirements for your chosen course) and an Access to Leeds offer (this could be up to two grades below the standard offer, for example, where the standard offer is AAA the Access to Leeds offer could be ABB). You must make the University of Leeds your firm choice on UCAS in order to remain eligible for your Access to Leeds offer.
- You will need to complete an online Access to Leeds module with two parts: Study Skills and Subject Assignment. These are delivered online via the Universitys Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which is used by all current students. Here you will have access to all the study resources you need and you can submit your assignments.
- When you complete the module successfully and get the A-level (or equivalent) results you need for your offer, your place on your chosen course is confirmed.