Insurance Insurance University of Leeds

Property insurance

The University has a blanket policy for fire, storm, flood, explosion, malicious damage and similar risks to cover loss or damage to buildings and all contents belonging to the University.

However responsibility for theft and accidental damage on departmental equipment whilst on campus or anywhere in the UK or abroad, rests with individual faculties / schools / departments.

Please note that the University does not provide any insurance cover for the personal effects of staff and students. Responsibility for the safety of personal possessions rests with the individual/owner.

Information on how to insure departmental equipment can be found below


Insurance, Room 11.75, EC Stoner Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT