Insurance Insurance University of Leeds

Frequently asked questions

Please check below, should your question not have an answer please email the Insurance Officer at

Would the travel Insurance policy cover me if I tag a personal trip onto my business trip?
Yes, as long as the primary purpose of the journey is for University business and the personal element of the trip does not exceed the business element.

Can I Insure an item on loan to the University?
Yes, we have a policy specifically for short term cover. Please contact the Insurance Officer for details.

What do I do if I have an accident in a University owned or hired Vehicle?
Get the name, address, vehicle and policy details of the third party. Complete the Motor Vehicle Claim form and contact the Insurance Officer immediately!

Where can I get evidence of the Univesity's liability policies?
A document is available setting out details of all the University's liability policies. Please see the Liabilities section of this website

How do I make a travel insurance claim?
Contact the Insurance section in Secretariat for the appropriate claim form or download a claim form from the claims section of this site.

What is the procedure for insuring a hire car?
Please contact the Insurance Office with details of any hire period of 14 days or over, Information required is driver's name and cost centre number.


Insurance, Room 11.75, EC Stoner Building, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT