Find out about the fees and important dates for our postgraduate pre-sessional courses.
2021-22 full-time pre-sessional courses (for degrees starting in September 2022)
Our 2021-22 academic year is made up of two semesters (autumn and spring) plus the summer.
|Semester||Semester start date||Semester end date||Fee per semester||Application deadline||Deadline to send your English language certificate|
|Autumn||27 September 2021||21 January 2022||£5,725||22 August 2021||31 August 2021|
|Spring||24 January 2022||20 May 2022||£5,725||12 December 2021||3 January 2022|
|Summer (10 week course)||27 June 2022||2 September 2022||£5,300||TBC||TBC|
|Summer (6 week course)||25 July 2022||2 September 2022||£3,180||TBC||TBC|
Your pre-sessional course will include teaching and assessment time, as well as dates when the University will be closed, such as for Christmas, Easter and other public holidays.
Academic year structure
|Semester||Structure of semester|
What's included in the tuition fees for online teaching?
- high quality teaching delivered by University of Leeds language tutors
- dedicated time with your tutor each week
- all learning materials and software needed for the course
- access to online language learning resources through our Language Zone
- access to digital University library resources
- support to help you get the most out of studying online
- academic skills support services
- wellbeing and support services
Facilities and support
Whether you'll be studying online or on campus, you'll have access to all University facilities and services.
Find out about student support and social activities available, and additional costs you may incur as a student at the University of Leeds.
Find out how to apply for a postgraduate pre-sessional English course.